23 December 2013

21: Ouija dress



Weary traveller here, hello! I've had such busy days again, phew. Now I finally arrived to my childhood home to spend Yuletide with the family, but I decided to snap a few pics on this dress before going to bed. I got it as a payment for doing some modelling hours for Evil Clothing a while ago. I'm especially fond of the longer hem and the detail between shoulder blades.



This garment feels more special to me, because I happened to design the fabric! (The dress itself is designed by Jenni Salmela) I've made some other fabric designs for the company as well, but somehow I feel a little shy about typing any work related stuff here, although I really love doing them! Find some moths, occult tones and Cheshire Cats, and you just might find my sketches behind the lines. :)

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that dress is fantastic! It looks great on you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That's so beautiful. From Evil Clothing, you say? And you designed the fabric? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Evil Clothing is the company with brands such as Vixxsin and CupCake Cult, I've made some fabrics for both those brands. I sketched the fabric for this dress, the dress design is by Jenni Salmela, and the brand is Vixxsin. :)

      Delete
  3. No wonder I love this dress so much! You have incredible artistic talents and know just what people want on a dress. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you hon! All the designing glory on the dress goes to Jenni, I just did the fabric!

      Delete
  4. this dress is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is great! I love it! And it looks wonderful on you!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aha! you used your ouija tattoo for the fabric. perfect match. :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ihan tajuttoman ihana tuo printti! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi kiitos paljon, ihana kuulla että pidät! :)

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful dress! The fabric, the design, everything! Just loved. I want this! hahaha i think you shouldn't be shy about it, you got talent for this :)

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Thamy! Happy to hear you like the dress. :) I think the clothes with this fabric are already on sale, but this particular dress was a sample dress which was cancelled from production, or so I heard.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! Oh, pity it was cancelled, this dress is really cool. At least the fabric was approved :)

      Delete
  9. I love moths an incredible amount, could you hint at any moth related things you have helped design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear about other moth obsessed people, hehe! <3 I drew the fabric lines on a moth dress last year, it's a bit girly with the pink hues but here it is!: http://www.attitude-europe.com/her/clothing/dresses/long-dresses/mia-butterfly-dress/

      Delete